Recent General Posts
Why SERVPRO of Lake Charles
SERVPRO of Lake Charles services Lake Charles and much of Southwest Louisiana. We provide cleanup and restoration services to commercial and residential facilities. Our services include water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, mold remediation, storm damage restoration, duct cleaning, carpet and hard surface floor cleaning.
When it comes to water damage there are several reasons why you should call us. Here are our top reasons to call SERVPRO of Lake Charles @ 337-478-1133 when you have water damage:
- We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
- We Bill Your Insurance Directly
- Confidence & Peace of Mind
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A fast response will help to reduce the amount of damage caused to your home or business.
SERVPRO of Lake Charles is a local business right in the community, and not only are we close by, we provide restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including all holidays. Call us day or night – we respond immediately.
We Bill Your Insurance Directly
Property damage is often a distressing event, that’s why we want to make the restoration process easy. We work with you and your insurance company directly for a stress free claims process.
Confidence & Peace of Mind
Locally owned with national resources, our customers get the best of both worlds.
At SERVPRO of Lake Charles, we are proud to provide the amazing SERVPRO service to our community and surrounding area.
When the job is done our technician provides validation and documentation that your property is dry and the job is complete so you can feel confident, safe and comfortable. SERVPRO is a nationally known company across the U.S. and Canada.
More Reasons to choose SERVPRO of Lake Charles
These are just our top 3 reasons. Truthfully, there are many more reasons why you should choose SERVPRO Lake Charles including that we are straightforward, we are professional, we help restore your property, we answer all questions and concerns, we help manage insurance paperwork, and much more.
If you experience water damage call us at 337-478-1133
Extended power outages may impact the whole community and the economy. A power outage is when the electrical power goes out unexpectedly. A power outage may:
- Disrupt communications, water, and transportation.
- Close retail businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, ATMs, banks, and other services.
- Cause food spoilage and water contamination.
- Prevent use of medical devices.
PROTECT YOURSELF DURING A POWER OUTAGE:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows.
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or using power-dependent medical devices.
- If safe, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling.
- Check on neighbors.
HOW TO STAY SAFE WHEN A POWER OUTAGE THREATENS:
- Take an inventory of the items you need that rely on electricity.
- Talk to your medical provider about a power outage plan for medical devices powered by electricity and refrigerated medicines. Find out how long medication can be stored at higher temperatures and get specific guidance for any medications that are critical for life.
- Plan for batteries and other alternatives to meet your needs when the power goes out.
- Sign up for local alerts and warning systems. Monitor weather reports.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors with battery backup in central locations on every level of your home.
- Determine whether your home phone will work in a power outage and how long battery backup will last.
- Review the supplies that are available in case of a power outage. Have flashlights with extra batteries for every household member. Have enough nonperishable food and water.
- Use a thermometer in the refrigerator and freezer so that you can know the temperature when the power is restored. Throw out food if the temperature is 40 degrees or higher.
- Keep mobile phones and other electric equipment charged and gas tanks full.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR HURRICANE SEASON
Hurricanes are massive storm systems that form over ocean water and often move toward land. Threats from hurricanes include high winds, heavy rainfall, storm surge, coastal and inland flooding, rip currents, and tornadoes. The heavy winds of hurricanes can cause damage or destroy homes, buildings, and roads, as well as cause power, water, and gas outages. These effects can injure or kill people, disrupt transportation, and pollute drinking water. Hurricanes cause deaths and injuries primarily from drowning, wind, and wind-borne debris. The impact from hurricanes can extend from the coast to several hundred miles inland. To find your risk, visit FEMA’s “Know Your Risk Map.” Be better prepared for this hurricane season, and learn more at ready.gov/prepare.
- Stayed informed
- Plan for evacuation
- Take action to protect your property from against wind and water damage
For more information check out www.fema.gov
HOW TO PREVENT MOLD
Mold on inside of a bathroom cabinet
Mold thrives in warm, damp, humid places like bathrooms, basements, roofs, pipes, windows and anywhere flooding has occurred. And those potted plants? Yup, they add oxygen to our air but also, you guessed it, mold. The "yuck factor" is mold can grow in all kinds of environments: wood, wood products, paper, wallpaper, ceiling tiles, drywall, cardboard, carpets, upholstery, paint, insulation and even dust! Yeah, pretty much everything in your home!
- How do you find it? Usually either smelling its musty odor or finding spots of any color can find mold. We've even seen mushrooms growing on drywall! Once mold can be identified by sight or smell, its concentration may be high enough to present a health hazard. That's when something needs to be done.
Here are a few tips to prevent mold:
Keep the humidity between 30 to 60 percent.
Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks. Check under sinks for any leaks to prevent more serious damage.
Keep gutters and drains clear of debris or prevent damage to exterior structure.
Respond to any and all water intrusions immediately.
Inspect the roof, windows and other areas where water might enter the building and perform necessary maintenance.
Contact SERVPRO® of Lake Charles for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold. We have the experience and the equipment to handle large or small mold jobs.
Before and after duct cleaning
In most places in the United States we have our AC or Heating on most of the day. Duct cleaning is the only way to maintain those air conduits that spout out hot or cold air in to our homes.
Just imagine not cleaning your carpet for 20 years… not a pretty sight is it?! Its the same with your air ducts, just that its not your feet getting dirty, its your lungs. Build up in air ducts could contain some very nasty pathogens like mold, bacteria, dust mites and more. So one of the clear advantages of duct cleaning is controlling the air quality in your home.
Some other advantages of duct cleaning include:
- Clearing any blockages in your HVAC system
- Improving indoor air quality
- Reducing allergies
- Extending the life of your AC system
- Reducing household dust
- Preventing mold problems
Call SERVPRO of Lake Charles for duct cleaning services and have a peace of mind about the air quality in your home.
For Immediate Service in Lake Charles. Call SERVPRO of Lake Charles
SERVPRO of Lake Charles provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Lake Charles and surrounding areas. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us – SERVPRO of Lake Charles 337-478-1133
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your ducts cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Carpet Cleaning
- Duct Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Hard Surface Floor Cleaning
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your home or business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our services @ www.SERVPROlakecharles.com
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Commercial Duct Cleaning